Many of the world’s unique and remote areas make stunning locations for glamping resorts. However, these isolated areas are often exposed to unforgiving climates and high winds.
Whether you are interested in constructing Eco Tents here in Australia, amidst some of the strongest sun and harshest conditions on the planet, or want to make sure Eco Tents will hold up in the specific climate in your area, we are here to guide you.
In this blog, we’ll cover the history of Eco Structures Australia and why our Eco Tents are constructed with high winds and harsh climates in mind.
Why Do Eco Tents Need to Be Durable?
No one understands better than us why these Eco Tents demand durability.
In 2000, Cyclone Rosita unleashed mother nature’s fury directly on Broome, Western Australia. Eco Beach Resort, a world-famous beach resort at the time, was nearly flattened.
Eco Beach Resort’s owner, Karl Plunkett, reported “finding buildings on the beach and in the water”, noting that there wasn’t “anything left”. Despite the extreme devastation, Karl saw potential amidst the ruins of his beloved resort.
With an innovative vision and sheer determination, Karl redesigned and rebuilt Eco Beach Resort into the thriving sustainable tourism resort it is today. In his rebuilding efforts, Karl also set out to redefine the sustainable tourism industry.
In redesigning Eco Beach Resort, structural integrity was an absolute priority. Along with a focus on sustainability, environmentally friendly design and operations, and rustic luxury, Eco Beach was constructed with extreme weather in mind.
After years of hard work, groundbreaking construction methods, and diverse ideas, Eco Beach Resort was reborn and promptly regained its reputation as a thriving eco-friendly luxury resort.
After the successful completion and relaunch of Eco Beach Resort, Karl continued to revolutionise the travel industry by launching Eco Structures Australia, a company dedicated to providing glamping products with the highest structural integrity possible.
It didn’t take long for the Perth-based glamping product company to become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of luxurious glamping tents and eco structures.
What Makes Eco Tents So Durable?
Our real-world experience in the hospitality industry taught us harsh lessons about the realities of mother nature. Fortunately, we’ve used these lessons to ensure we offer the highest quality eco tents designed to withstand the toughest conditions mother nature can throw at it.
Eco Tents are engineered to withstand high winds, hostile climates, and tough conditions. Each tent is a complete system, meaning every component is designed with strength and durability in mind.
Together, the components are combined into a system that works synergistically to hold up against strong winds, blazing UV rays, and a range of temperatures and conditions.
Some of the components that ensure durability include:
- Hot dipped galvanised structural steel (designed to withstand 300+km winds)
- 16oz heavy-duty canvas designed to resist tearing and fading
- PVC Roofing
- WPC (wood plastic composite) decking that is incredibly durable while still being eco-friendly
All components are manufactured to be:
- Fire resistant
We stand behind our Eco Tents with impressive warranties and full transparency about the expected lifespan of each component.
Here is a brief look at our warranty:
- Canvas – 5-Year Limited Warranty (Estimated life 10 – 12 years)
- Steel Structural Frame – 15-Year Limited Warranty (Estimated life 25 – 50 years)
- PVC – 10-Year Limited Warranty (Estimated Life 12 years)
- Eco Decking – 5-Year Limited Warranty (Estimated life 10 years)
- Steel Purlings – 10-Year Limited Warranty ( Estimated life 20 years)
For further questions on product warranties, please feel free to reach out to our team.
What Makes Eco Tents Environmentally Friendly?
Along with being constructed to withstand the harsh environmental conditions of mother nature, Eco Tents are also designed to support mother nature.
We enact a variety of environmentally friendly measures in the design and construction of our Eco Tents, including:
- A unique Eco Anchor foundation system that creates a minimal environmental footprint compared to alternative foundations systems such as concrete slabs and also eliminates the need for heavy concrete trucks that can damage natural flora
- Fast installation time or dismantling time (approx 2 days) to minimise disturbance and on-site time
- Pre-fabricated materials to minimise on-site waste
- Compatible with environmentally friendly additions such as filtration systems, solar panels, etc.
- Eco Decking is manufactured from recycled rice husk composite material offering natural thermal insulation and embedded colour that eliminates the need for staining or painting
- High energy efficiency due to the ability of the canvas material to hold ambient air temperature and be easily heated or cooled
- Neutral colours were specifically chosen to blend into rather than compete with the natural surroundings
Want to Learn More About Our Eco Tents and Eco Cabins?
With glamping, staycations, and sustainable tourism on the rise, Eco Structures Australia is determined to be an industry leader. Our team is dedicated to helping resort owners and operators fulfil the modern traveller’s demand for holiday experiences that are unique, memorable, and once-in-a-lifetime.
Our 30+ years of experience and first-hand knowledge of the sustainable tourism industry have helped us become an international leader in the glamping product industry, servicing Australia, the USA, Asia, Europe, and areas throughout the world.
Our experts at Eco Structures Australia design, manufacture, and supply structurally sound, sustainable, cost-effective glamping accommodation solutions to help developers bring their eco-friendly resort visions to life.
If you are interested in our Eco Tents or Eco Cabins, please contact us. Our team can personally help you design your eco-friendly accommodations from start to finish.
Whether you are here in Australia or located in the USA, Caribbean, Europe, or elsewhere across the globe, our eco structures team has successfully helped set up tents and modules in a broad range of climates, locations, and sectors.
Contact us with any questions, to learn more about the durability of our Eco Tents, or to get started planning your dream eco-resort.